Planting Green Beans with Your Grandchild

It's never too early to teach your child or grandchild to share your love of gardening. There's just something incredible about them learning the cycle of planting a seed, watching them sprout and later enjoying the fruits of their labor at the table.
Andy tried really hard to explain how to "spread" out the seeds and Emilee Rae, who is three, didn't hardly grasp the concept but she had a wonderful time with her Big Poppa and that's what it's all about in the long run.

I'm glad to report, her planting skills worked fine as me and my daughter-in-law Amanda canned some of them yesterday.
 Like this?
 "Spread them out,"  says Big Poppa for the fortieth time.
"But I am," says Emilee Rae!
 "Am I doing good?"
 Are all the seed covered?

 I'd rather play in the dirt. It's a lot more fun.
 I love my Big Poppa!

Comments

Popular Posts