Relaxing on the Elk River 2014

A little over two years ago I started Man, That Stuff is Good and I'm so glad I did. I want to thank all of you for following my blog and sending me cool comments, emails and sharing your stories. Along the way, I have had folks from all over the country sharing their idea of what makes their stuff so good. When gardening slows down, I think I'll have more time to share some of the good stuff we have enjoyed making and eating...cherry preserves and jelly, hot fudge pie (hush your mouth!), the widest variety of salads so incredible your family can't say, "salads again?" Well, you get my drift.


I don't know about y'all, but we have had one crazy summer to start with. Tornadoes, straight-line winds and flooding occupied a lot of May. We didn't know if our garden would survive the flood of 2014 but so far it has. I've got lots of new recipes to share and no time to get them uploaded. I thought I'd share some quick posts full of pictures showing you what we've been up to this summer. I hope all of you are fortunate enough to be enjoying time with your family and life to it's fullest!

Here are a few videos I took titled, "Got One" and "The One That Got Away." What is better in life than enjoying time with  your Grand kids? We introduced Alli and Aydan to a little limb line fishing and talk about fun! They had a blast staying in our old camper; fishing off the dock; taking that first dip in the cold, cold water and what camping trip is complete without a marshmallow roast? Enjoy!


What a beautiful way to wind down a full day...slowly motorboating on the pontoon!
The sun has set an another beautiful day!
 A smiling child and his fishing pole...life doesn't get any better!
There are no words for beauty like this.
 We replaced our picnic canopy which was destroyed a few weeks earlier because
of tornado that touched down around a mile from where we are. We were lucky.
 The kids (and most adults) have to roast some marshmallows before bed time.
 Mr. Mallard got a work out this year. The wind has been crazy!
Captain Andy on "She's A Keeper!"
 Alli is always first in the cold, cold river water every year.
Kevin agrees to help her take a dip.
And every year she is ready for Daddy to pull her back out immediately!
 I think it was a little colder than she could stand.



Comments

Popular Posts