Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin

KEEPER ALERT! Go ahead and print this out, bookmark or whatever you need to do so that you have it close at hand.  I was lucky to get a couple of spoonfuls of this dish on my plate. My kids and husband just about wiped it out before I served myself.

I saw this in Courtney Luper's Facebook feed and I shared it to my Man, That Stuff is Good wall so I could try it out later and I'm so glad I did. It's already on the menu for this week. Spaghetti squash is one of our regulars in the garden. The plants started out gang busters and I thought I would have a lot to fix. Sadly the insane rain we received early in the planting season gave way to extreme drought and I was lucky to get two squash to fix. We love spaghetti squash no matter how it's fixed. Stuffed or as a pasta substitute, you can't go wrong.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a skillet saute one medium onion in three tablespoons of butter. Season with salt, pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. The original recipe called for 1 teaspoon. I backed off and it still had a little bite of heat.
 Cook one medium spaghetti squash (or two small).
 Use a fork to remove the spaghetti squash.
 In a mixing bowl combine spaghetti squash and cooked onions.
 Blend in 3/4 cup of sour cream and one half cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. 
Spread in a small casserole dish and top with additional cheese. 
I sprinkled a little shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup) on top before putting in the oven.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.


Follow Man, That Stuff Is Good! on Facebook for immediate feed updates and other yummy recipes and articles of interest.

Comments

Popular Posts