Loaded Cauliflower Salad

My Mother makes the best potato salad hands down. Granted, I was old before I accidentally found out how she made it and now mine is almost as good as hers. Along the way, I experimented with numerous ways to fix potato salad. Running in close competition to Momma's is my baked potato salad. To say I could hurt myself eating it is an understatement.

Since my husband and I have made adjustments regarding what we eat; a substitute was in order. Back several months ago, Angie and I were discussing all the different ways you could substitute potatoes with cauliflower and this was one of the recipes that came up. Is it a 100% replacement for real deal potatoes? No, it's not. Is it a great substitute when you are cutting back on your carbs? Absolutely!

INGREDIENTS:
Cauliflower head, cut up, steamed and drained well
Green onions, chopped
Bacon bits
Shredded cheddar cheese
Hellman's mayonnaise
Sour cream
Ranch dressing
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional, chopped chives

This is one I'm not including the exact amounts of each item as it will depend on how much cauliflower you yield. I add mayo and a small amount of sour cream to the cauliflower (let it cool a little) and chopped onions until it's a creamy consistency. Then I add a few squirts of the ranch dressing, salt and pepper to taste. Once that is mixed in, I add the cheese. Blend it in and top with additional green onion tops and bacon bits. Serve chilled.

Comments

Popular Posts