Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Mississippi Roast with Potatoes and Carrots

We received an invitation for dinner and checking out my son and daughter-in-law's new house last month. Amanda treated us to a delicious Mississippi Roast and several other mouth-watering dishes. The pictures with the pepperoncinis slow cooking caught my attention, but I had never taken the time to fix this.Big mistake. Once you prepare a roast this way, all the other options pale in comparison. My son Andrew was eating with us that night and he said, "get plenty of the broth." Seriously, I could have used a straw!!! I went to Food.com and found their recipe matched up to what Amanda used and I added my own twist.

I made a layer of carrots slices, tiny yellow potatoes cut in half and one sliced sweet onion under the beef roast. On top of the roast, I sprinkled some black pepper and one pack each of Ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix. I laid a stick of butter and six pepperoncinis on top of the seasonings. Because I had veggies cooking in the bottom, I added about 1/2 cup of water down the sides. Setting the temperature to high, I let this slow cook for four and a half hours. I turned the heat down to low and let it cook all night (an additional eight hours). The bone was removing itself from the meat when I raised the lid. Tender, tender, tender!!
After an hour or so, the stick of butter had dissolved. I can't wait for Momma to come over tonight and enjoy this!

1 comment:

  1. Every person has the passion in any aspects or things. If you love something and it came in front of you it completes your day and your mood turns into something you won't expected. I love your work and I want to read more about it. Visit my site if you have time . Thank you.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete