Apple Cider Vinaigrette Slaw

If you are sick of the same old, same old slaw... Just kidding! Who gets tired of eating cole slaw? Sometimes Andy will get on a cole slaw kick and I really believe he'd just about eat it with breakfast. Again, just kidding. Last year I saw an ad or article in a magazine for this slaw while I was waiting in the doctor's or dentist's office. I can't remember if it was for Ken's Steak House Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing, the recipe or what. Needless to say, we bought a bottle of the dressing that weekend. The dressing was substituted the Hellman's mayo and we were pretty satisfied with it. Since then I have fixed it several times and was surprised to not find it on the blog.

The other night Momma was over for her regular Wednesday night visit. We served Classic Greek chicken, baked sweet potatoes (she and I halved one) and this slaw. The combination of flavors was most excellent!

Andy had bought some yellow Delicious apples, so I included them in the mixture this time. I just realized they now have a Lite version. The bottle I had on hand was finished up, so we will definitely go that route the next time.

INGREDIENTS:
1 bag of chopped slaw (cabbage, purple cabbage and carrots)
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
1 peeled (or unpeeled) apple, chopped
Ken's Steak House Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl mix the slaw, apple and onions until all is mixed well. Regarding the dressing: add a small amount at a time until you get the right consistency. You don't want this swimming in the dressing, but you want it a little creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before eating.


Comments

Popular Posts