This salsa recipe is one I threw together with what I had on hand when I had some unexpected company. By the third time I fixed it, I finally had it right. Go ahead and make a double batch because it will disappear really fast! In addition to using this as a dip; it's incredibly good spooned over grilled chicken that has a little spicy Cajun seasoning on it. The spice, the sweet and the bite of the vinegar is a pretty awesome combination. Substitute mango with fresh pineapple for an equally tasty treat!
- 1 cucumber deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes deseeded and chopped
- 1 or more jalapeno peppers (suit your taste)
- Approximately 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Add in sugar, salt & pepper & cilantro to taste
Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.