I was out looking at the garden after the rain and noticed how quickly the garden jumped over night. It made start thinking about all the goodies I'll be canning and eating. One of my favorite things to make is pickles. For super quick and easy with a "bread and butter" style flavor, my Grandma's Super Easy Pickles are pretty hard to beat.
- Day One: Mix in a plastic pot--not enamel or aluminum!
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup lime
- 2 tbsp. alum
- 1Add: 1 gallon cucumbers, washed and sliced
- 2Stir frequently. Let sit for 24 hours.
- 3Day Two: Rinse until water is clear
- 4Mix 3 pints white vinegar
- 58 cups sugar
- 61/2 tsp. salt
- 72 tbsp. pickling spice (tie in a rag)
- 8Pour over cucumbers
- 9Stir frequently. Let sit for 24 hours.
- 10Day Three: Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes on low. Watch closely!!!