Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bread Bowls

Did you think I was gone forever? I looked back and was mildly surprised to see it had been August since I last posted anything. After sitting behind a computer all day long at work, when it's pretty out, I find it hard to get behind one when I don't have to. As usual, Andy and I have been busy, busy, busy. We've spent a lot of time taking in the sights and sounds of the river and just enjoying a break from the hectic pace of life.
We had a big cookout Labor Day Weekend that could have been a washout thanks to a downpour of 5" of rain in a short period of time. Thankfully the soaking suffered the night before was made worth it as the day of the event turned out to be very pleasant. If you could have seen us trying to fit in a catfish/frog-leg fry with our kids and getting the barbecue pit fired up to smoke a bunch of meat the night before; you would have been crying from laughing so hard. Andy and I donned blue ponchos and our adult "kids" were calling us Smurfs as we slogged through the huge pools of water to get to the pit.

I'm still fixing new dishes and have a bunch filed away for future use on my "Food I've Got to Make" Pinterest board. There are several that won't make a second round in our house, but Cheesy Sloppy Joes will. Is this something we fix frequently to begin with? No. But, there are some nights both of us want to fix something quick and easy and this is on the table in no time flat. If you buy frozen fries, even quicker. We think oven baked fries are worth the extra time.

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. ground beef
1 can Sloppy Joe sauce
Round, hard roll of your choice (I chose Kaiser rolls)
Cheese slices
 Brown beef and drain; stir in Sloppy Joe mix.
Slice top of the roll and scoop out bread to create a bowl.
 Top with a slice of cheese and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until cheese melts.

Comments

Popular Posts