Sugar Free Cheesecake Pie Filling in a Low Carb Nutty Crust

So now that I've posted several healthy food recipes in a row, I didn't want you to think I've forgotten my husband's sweet tooth. Since we got his stellar 90-day follow-up results, I'm going to start expanding my not bad for you dessert collection.

You all have heard me going on about my newest recipe book, "Taking Out The Carbage," by DJ Foodie which arrived last week. While flipping through the beautiful glossy pages I saw a recipe for a pie crust that is a low carb substitute for a graham cracker crust. Well you know I had to fix it that night. We always  have a bag of low sodium almonds around for a snack so I was covered there. Since this was a spur of the moment decision, I filled it with the "fuller" version of Sugar Free Cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling recipe. The filling takes a good three hours to set so you can't rush this option. We dug in a little sooner than that, but there were no complaints in the Grisham household.

It was so good Andy has since been trying to convince me to cut the pie into six pieces instead of eight. I have not lost that battle. Yet. This Wednesday I'll be springing a Low Carb Egg Custard Pie on Andy and Momma which will hopefully be an acceptable substitute for the Buttermilk Pies he loves. I'll report back on how it goes.
 Using my Pampered Chef chopper, I finely chopped 1-1/2 cups* roasted almonds. Next time I will use my food processor as it took a lot of chopping. Dump the crushed nuts into a medium bowl.
 Add 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of melted butter and one tablespoon of honey and mix well.
 Mash the mixture on the bottom and sides to line a pie dish.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Let cool before adding your filling.
 Fill with your favorite pie filling.

*There are approximately 7.4 ounces of roasted almonds in this pie crust. 
So plan on using a little over 1/2 of a 14 oz. bag of almonds.


Don't forget to follow Man, That Stuff Is Good! on Facebook for immediate feed updates and other yummy recipes and articles of interest.

Comments

Popular Posts