Easy Low Carb Broccoli Salad


90-day update coming your way!!! Allow me a few seconds of your time to update you on our little healthy eating journey. Andy got his A1C results back from his doctor this week. All weekend we were wondering if we had made enough changes to get those numbers down. We were able to breathe a sigh of relief after his phone call. 7.4 (166 blood sugar) down to 5.4 (102 blood sugar). You can't cheat on an A1C test. Those really tell the tale. Doc said to keep doing what you're doing. Over the past three months we have been eating well and are continually finding great recipes to enjoy and share. This adventure proves once again, change begins with you.

Back to the good stuff. My boss Angie was telling me about the broccoli salad recipe she put together and you know I had to try it. I thought I'd wait until Momma came over last night to fix it. Andy grilled pork chops and I steamed carrots to go with this and the combination was awesome. The most time you'll spend to make this is when you're chopping up the broccoli and green onions. I made mine pretty small because that's what I like. This is definitely a reduced sugar version compared to the broccoli salad I normally fix...and we love so well.

I used...
2 small bundles of raw broccoli
1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
4 packets of Sweet n Low
1 bundle of green onions, chopped
1/2 to 1 cup real bacon bits ( I eye-balled this)
1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack) 

In a large bowl mix mayo and Sweet n Low. Stir in chopped broccoli and green onions until well coated. Add bacon and cheese and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Andrew, Momma and I thought this was perfect, Andy wished I had added just a little more mayo. Since he has done so well, I will be happy to fix it to suit him.

Comments

Popular Posts