Bloody Marys II

When I was a very small child I loved to stay at my Meme's and Pepe's house. They'd have a few cocktails in the evening and my Grand-mere would fix me one too...minus the alcohol. I realize this might sound a little odd, but at that time (40 or so years ago), I thought a V8 with olives on a toothpick was the best tasting drink you could have. I can only imagine this exposure is what led me to enjoy an occasional Bloody Mary in the future, but thank goodness it's not a habit!

This version you fix in a blender and the other Bloody Mary post you mix by the glass.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 quart tomato juice 
  • 6 oz. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce
  • 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
  • 1 tbsp. black pepper
  • 1 oz. lemon juice
  • 1/4 c. horseradish
Combine all ingredients in a blender and let it do it's thing for a minute or so. Serve in a glass with plenty of ice, and green olives, lemon slices or celery.

Comments

Popular Posts