Coconut Macaroons

 My daughter-in-law Amanda baked up this coconut goodness last night.
What a perfect dessert to nibble on after enjoying dinner with an Asian flair!
Coconut is one ingredient people love or hate. I love, love, love it. Just thinking about biting into a Mounds bar makes my mouth water.
Eating coconut macaroons ranks just as high on the list. Since I'm tempted to stick a straw in a can of sweetened condensed milk every time I bake with it...it's pure Heaven to eat this mound of yummy. When I was compiling the recipes from Grandma's recipe file, I found three versions! Now I know where my love of coconut came from! Version 3 was shared with my Grandmother decades ago by her neighbor Rose Grey. Some things are just too good (and easy) to not share.

**Coconut Macaroons III updated with step-by-step pictures, 12-29-13

Coconut Macaroons I
Heat oven to 325.
Ingredients             
  • 3 cups (8 oz.) moist shredded coconut
  • 1 tsp. almond extract
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 2/3 c sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 egg whites
Directions             
Add extract and salt to coconut. Combine with the milk to make a thick, pasty mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff, and fold into the coconut mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Makes about 20 cookies.

Coconut Macaroons II
Heat oven to 325.
1 can Bakers coconut
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 eggs

Stir in all ingredients, lightly grease pan, drop from a spoon (full). Bake for 20 minutes.

Coconut Macaroons III
Heat oven to 350.
2 packages shredded coconut (8 oz. size)
1 can sweet condensed milk (15 oz. size)
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix together sweet condensed milk and vanilla.

Stir in coconut. Blend well.

Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.



Comments

Popular Posts