Parmesan Crusted Chicken

My friend Sharon shared this recipe with me. She said her bunch loved it. When I saw it called for chicken breasts, I frowned a little and thought what the heck...it'll make Blair happy. Andy saw me fixing them and told me to check and make sure we had plenty to drink with the meat. I did salt and pepper the meat before I covered it. Johnson's has the best chicken so I stopped there and picked up a pack of three huge chicken breasts weighing in right at 1.95 lbs. Cooking time was extended to 55 minutes for my thermometer to reach 165 degrees. To get these cooked in the 20 minutes the recipe called for, I'd go for the chicken strips. 


INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the powdery kind)
4 teaspoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 425.

Combine mayo and cheese in a small bowl. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper. Spread mayo mixture on top of chicken breasts. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Bake for 20 minutes* or 165 degrees on your meat thermometer for thick cuts of meat.

I always recommend letting your meat rest for 15 minutes before cutting it. If you cut it too soon; all the juices will run out on the plate instead.

Comments

Popular Posts