Potato Chip Cookies


Potato Chip Cookies is a recipe from my Grandmother Gaudette's recipe box. She told me on my last trip to see her she liked to eat ice cream with bites of dark chocolate and potato chips. We laughed and then I thought about how yummy that bite of cold vanilla ice cream would be mingled with the sweetness and salty "sides" and was determined to give it a try. When I received her recipe file after her passing, this one was on top. Seeing it brought me back a year in time and that conversation and I knew why this recipe had the most important position in the box.

To prepare: Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Ingredients                              
  • 1 c margarine
  • ½ c sugar
  • 1-3/4 c flour
  • ½ c crushed potato chips
  • ½ c chopped nuts
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c chocolate chips
Directions
Cream butter and sugar. Add next five ingredients, blend well. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Dust with confectioners sugar.
Yields 4 dozen.


Comments

Popular Posts