Black Forest Cake

 
Ms. Kathy made a Black Forest Cake last week for our April employee birthday lunch. I had forgotten how good they tasted. The devil's food cake was so moist, and that bite of cherry? Oh my! I wanted to go back and sneak another slice. 


I found the recipe my Grandmother gave me eons ago. When I was digging through some family photos, I found a picture from one of my Grandparents' anniversaries filled with all kinds of sweets in addition to the celebration cake. Lo and behold...there is a pan with a black forest cake in it!
  • 1-18 oz. Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • 21 oz. canned cherry pie filling
  • 1 tbsp. almond flavoring
  • 1 3.4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 8 oz. whipped topping (thawed)
  • 2 tbsp. chocolate sprinkles
  • Maraschino cherries
Bake cake according to directions in a 9" x 13" x 2" pan. Mix pie filling and almond flavoring. While cake is still warm, poke top with form and spread cherry filling over cake. While cake cools, prepare pudding, adding extra vanilla flavoring. Fold in whipped topping. Spread pudding mixture over cake, carefully covering cherry pie filling. Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and maraschino cherries. Cover and refrigerate.

Comments

Popular Posts