Chicken on Bubba Keg II

Plate of chicken with barbecue sauce
Andy's Chicken on the Bubba Keg II
When it comes to cooking on the Bubba Keg, Andy has got it going on. I don't care what it is, it's going to taste good. Andy's Chicken on the Bubba Keg tells how he fixes leg quarters using a rub. It's probably one of my all time favorites...until you bring up bone-in chicken thighs with his SECRET  BBQ Sauce.  Last weekend I mixed up a fresh batch of BBQ sauce and I was ready to use it on something. 

This is one thing you will not find on this blog. He made me swear to secrecy on this sauce. Like I've said before,  I did have to date him like 5 years before he would give the recipe to me. So...if you can finagle it out of him some way...more power to you! 

Chicken grilling on the Bubba Keg
Rinse chicken. Place on a baking sheet and salt and pepper (go heavy on the paper)
Heat Bubba Keg to 275 degrees.
Place chicken on top rack.
Close and lock lid and cook for 2 hours at 275 degrees.
Completely shut down the heat.

Plate of grilled chicken coated with barbecue sauce
Liberally coat one side with your favorite BBQ sauce. After 10 minutes, turn and coat again.


Comments

Popular Posts