Olive Garden Salad Dressing

Tonight's salad consists of iceberg lettuce, Romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, hard boiled eggs, and pickled beets.


Pinterest is a great place to find recipes so I'm not fixing the same old same old. It's also a great resource for finding the things you really like to eat, but can't figure out how to make. The downfall is so many "pins" are disappointing when you actually fix them. The pictures are pretty, but sometimes the flavor falls flat.


Now, having said all that, I found an Olive Garden salad dressing that was being repinned on everyone's Pinterest boards and it's pretty darned good. I've got another one I've had for about 10 years and it's nothing to get excited over, but this one is pretty darned good! It didn't take long to fix and I had everything I needed on hand thanks to keeping my pantry stocked. Andy and I love to go to Olive Garden just for the salad. We did the never ending bowl of pasta deal one night and I did well to get through the one bowl of pasta after the salad.


Ingredients:
  • 1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing
  • (Ingredients needed to make dressing; oil, water, vinegar)
  • ½ tsp. dried Italian Seasoning
  • ½ tsp. table salt
  • ¼ tsp. black pepper
  • ½ tsp. sugar
  • ¼ tsp. garlic powder
  • ½ tbsp. mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip, please)
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. white vinegar
  • 1 ½  tbsp. water

Directions
Make the salad dressing like the packet says. I use a 4 cup measuring cup to mix this up.



Mix with a whisk, ¼ cup vinegar and 3 tbsp water. Stir in season packet.
Add ¼ cup vegetable oil to vinegar and water mixture and blend well.


Add the spices to dressing and blend well. Add mayo, olive oil, vinegar and water and whisk well.


I store mine in a pint mason jar.




Recipe Source: The Country Cook

Comments

Popular Posts