Tracy's Nanner Jammers

Nutty bar and peanut butter stuffed banana
Saturday night my fellow co-worker Tracy Ayers had checked in from Cocina de Tracy touting a delectable concoction she dreamed up all by herself. I showed Andy the photograph of this chocolatey, peanut buttery creation and he was like, "I believe I'd like to have one of them!"

I had three bananas sitting on the counter and peanut butter in the pantry, but believe it or not...we were completely out of Nutty Bars! (That issue was resolved after a grocery run Sunday afternoon). If you live in the South, you know all about Little Debbie snacks. If I had a dime for every time I've seen Andy devour a pack of Nutty Bars, I wouldn't have to win the state lottery. Back to the story....The plan was we would eat her soon-to-be WORLD FAMOUS...drumroll, please...NANNER JAMMERS after a meal of Panko Breaded Pork Loin Chops (to be posted tomorrow), potato salad and macaroni and cheese. (I can't believe I'm admitting to not having something green on the plate and two starches on top of that.) Needless to say, we were stuffed and had to put the dessert off one more day.

I spoke with Tracy today and told her we would be officially "testing" them tonight and spreading the word about this never-before heard of treat on Man That Stuff Is Good. She shared how she came up with the idea. It was kind of like the chocolate bar diving into the vat of peanut butter and lo and behold out came a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup!! Tracy had the banana and peanut butter and sweet baby James wanted a chocolate bar (aka Nutty Bar) and the rest is history!  

All I can say is....believe it or not, Nanner Jamers are the bomb! Andy liked it, I liked it and even Blair liked it. When Blair said honey drizzled on top would make it even better, we knew Tracy had hit the dessert jackpot.

Nutty Bars, peanut butter and a banana
Peel and split the banana.
Lay halves flat on some Wal-Mart china.
Open pack of  Nutty Bars.
Spread peanut butter on one side of a Nutty Bar and lay on one half of banana.
Spread peanut butter on the other side of the Nutty Bar.
Top with other half of the banana
Honey drizzled on top (optional)*

Nutty Bar and peanut butter stuffed banana
*Has not been officially tested in our kitchen, use at your discretion!

Comments

  1. I'm Famous ... or (after eating this) infamous ...
    either way, these are a yummy, fun, guilty pleasure the entire world should enjoy at least once.

    Now Denise, put down the Nanner Jammers and get on to posting that pork loin recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts