Chocolate Chess Pie

This is one of my favorite pies. With the exception of a pie crust, I typically will have all the ingredients to bake one on a moment's notice. Fortunately I prefer to "cook" instead of "bake". Otherwise we'd really be in trouble!!

Every time I bake one, I'm nervous it won't come out right, but they always do. It seems like it takes forever for the center to get set. 

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3 1/2 T. cocoa
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
  • 1 unbaked pie crust

    DIRECTIONS

    Sift together sugar and cocoa. (Try to get all the lumps out of the cocoa)
    Add remaining ingredients. Mix and pour into an unbaked pie shell. 
    Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. I recommend setting your pie pan on a baking sheet to make transferring the pie easier. (I turn the pie every 15 minutes for it to cook evenly.)


    After removing from the oven, I let the pie sit on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. 
    Then I transfer the pie to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

    Comments

    Popular Posts