Low Carb Creamy Swiss Chicken

This one was too good to not post the day we tried it. All I can say is Momma doesn't know what she missed tonight! She visited my niece Tristan today to attend my great-niece's Kindergarten graduation and I had planned this meal with her in mind. The minute I saw this one floating around the internet, I knew I had to try it. Like I said the other day, we have been trying to eat a little healthier. Andy has now lost ten pounds in three weeks and I've lost five. How is it that a man can drop the pounds like that. Really?

I did the math on the carb count and each chicken breast has a little less than 4 carbs each! Now, if you fixed the six chicken breasts as stated in the original recipe or eat half of one like I did, you'd be consuming 2 carbs. All I can say is that it's delicious and left room for us to try the flour-less brownies (3 carbs per 2"x2" square) for dessert. I'll post it soon too!

INGREDIENTS:
4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
6-8 Slices Swiss Cheese (Can substitute with Mozzarella)
½ cup Hellman's mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
¾ cup grated Parmesan Cheese (divide into 1/2 and 1/4 cup)

 ½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

 Pat chicken dry and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper.
 Add sliced cheese on top of chicken breasts.
 In a bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
 Spread this over the cheese and chicken and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Bake for one hour or until chicken temp is done.
You see all that cheesy goodness around the edges of the chicken? Well, Mr. "Lost 10 Pounds" was making sure that didn't go to waste. I do admit I snuck a few bites myself. :-) 
 
Recipe credit to Lilluna.com

Comments

Popular Posts