Cucumber Salsa

What to do with all the fresh cucumbers from the garden? Even with the dry summer, our little garden has managed to produce enough cucumbers to eat healthy salads or slice and enjoy with our meals. Every so often we'll go out there and find several odd-ball shaped cucumbers hidden and a little bigger than I normally would eat because the seeds have grown way too big for my likes. This recipe from "Time to Lose It" popped up on my Facebook feed and I shared to give it a whirl.

All I can say is yumm!! We will be doing this one over and over. We enjoyed these with a few Tostitos Scoops, but Andy said it was good enough to eat with a spoon. I second that. I let it marinade for several hours before digging in, but the next day was even better. If I had to do this differently, I'd use the hot Rotel instead of the mild. It was good, but I think we'll go for a little heat the next time.
Remove the seeds before dicing six cucumbers. The cucs I used were about 4-5" long. Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for about 30 minutes or so. This helps draw out the water. Drain the water and put in a large mixing bowl.
 Chop a medium red onion.
In a large bowl mix cucumbers, onions, one can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and one pouch of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.
Mix well and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for as long as you can hold off eating it.

Comments

Popular Posts