Sun-Drop Punch

What is it about the holidays that make you want to break out the punch bowl and mix up a concoction that is safe for the kiddos to drink and just as good for the adults to add a little somethin', somethin' to?


This recipe is one I've had scratched out on a note from either a bridal or baby shower I helped give from way back when. In the South, we love our Sun-Drop. There's no other drink like it. I've had to limit myself over the years as it is quite addictive. Many years ago I switched over to the Diet version and when they came out with an unleaded option that was almost as good as the real thing, all I can say is I've gone there and won't go back. Some of my friends just shake their heads and say "bless her heart." Every so often, for old times sake, I'll grab a returnable bottle with the real cap and I can almost see the pulp floating in it. That citrus pulp is what makes the flavor so unique.

If you're making a batch for a bridal shower put pretty lemon slices on top. For a small family get-together I cut the recipe in half and using my smallest ice cream scoop, float balls of orange sherbert. My serving container will hold around two and a half gallons so I can go either way. However, since I am limiting sugars, I sure don't need that much hanging around.

INGREDIENTS
(Chill everything before mixing)
3 - two liter Sun-Drops (Diet, caffiene-free is a good option)
2 - 46 oz. cans of pineapple juice
2 - 12 oz. cans frozen lemonade

Pour all ingredients in a punch bowl and mix well. Garnish with one of the two options below.

Option 1: 3-4 lemons (sliced to float)
Option 2: Orange sherbert


Comments

Popular Posts