Peppermint Almond Bark

If I could only get through the holidays of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas; I could easily by-pass sweets. I've had an instance at work recently where a few sweets for a snack was needed for groups who generously donate their time to decorate some Christmas trees. Now y'all know I'm not a baker, but this girl can put together a plate of treats when needed. The great part? You don't even have to turn on an oven. I'll be sharing several recipes over the next few days but don't think Andy and I have totally back slid on eating healthy. Like I said, I "have" to do this. LOL! The Peppermint Almond Bark is one of my favorite Christmas treats to fix. Using this basic recipe, you can substitute the white with chocolate bark; and the peppermint with nuts and mini marshmallows to make a Rocky Road version or any combination you prefer.

 In a large bowl, carefully break up the squares of one package of white almond bark, with a knife on a cutting board. Cook for periods of 15-20 seconds, stirring between time settings, until the blocks are smooth and creamy. Stir in one teaspoon of vegetable oil.
 Crush King Leo Peppermint candy (sticks or the puffy kind) work fine. I put several sticks in a sandwhich bag and use the flat side of my meat cleaver until I have small pieces.
 Stir peppermint into the almond bark mixture until it is well blended. If you really want to boost the flavor,
you can add a few drops of peppermint extract.
Line your counter-top with waxed paper and spread the mixture out. Try to get it thin--around 1/8" or more, but not so thin it breaks off too easily. Let this mixture set-up until firm--around 30 minutes. Peel the wax paper from the candy and break up into chunks. Store in an air-tight container.

Comments

Popular Posts