Muffaletta Pasta Salad

The other night I fixed Classic Greek Chicken and wanted a cool pasta salad to go with it. Greek, in my opinion means olives must be in the mix. Muffaletta comes from the olive salad you find slathered on a yummy New Orleans classic muffaletta sandwich. I dug around the pantry and threw this together. The next time I fix this, you will see hard salami and deli bologna chopped up. This one is a work in progress as I'm thinking Feta cheese crumbles would have been awesome too.

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups dry pasta (cook per directions and drain)
1-2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 jar Muffaletta salad (olive salad)
Shaved Parmesan cheese

In a large bowl mix the pasta, onions and tomatoes. Strain the olive salad mixture and reserve all of the olive oil. Pour 2/3 of the reserved olive oil in the bowl and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. The brand of olive salad I used was salty enough so I just added the pepper. Place in refrigerator for an hour or so before serving. If too dry, stir in reserved olive oil until it's to your liking. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.

Comments

  1. Delicious, perfect meal for not only kids but also for adults. Going to try this one out, thank you for sharing the recipe with us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts