Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers


When I tasted my first sweet pepper many years ago, I heard angels singing in the background. Don't get me wrong, green peppers are perfect for many dishes. However, when the pepper is the dominant flavor I'll be tasting, I will break the bank to buy red, yellow or orange. 

I bought a bag of mini peppers for a dish and for whatever reason, the menu changed. A week rolled by and there was no way I was going to let them go to waste. What to do??? I had a small pack of mushrooms in the fridge and I got inspired. Part of the container would go in a spaghetti meat sauce and the rest of them would be stuffed inside the peppers similar to how I make my stuffed mushrooms.

Were these good? I opened the refrigerator the next day and Mr. Grisham had a new bag of peppers ready for me. To say they went over really well is an understatement.

INGREDIENTS (and approximate measurements):
1 bag of mini sweet peppers (about 15/bag)
1 cup of chopped mushrooms

1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 stick butter (softened)
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
Garlic salt and pepper
1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese
 Cut the tops off the peppers and remove seeds and membrane.
 Line a baking dish with foil and spray your rack.
 Mix mushrooms, onions, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper together.
Cut in softened butter until well blended.
 Stir in Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
 Stuff mixture into peppers.
 Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until done.


Comments

  1. An amazing and a very different recipe about which i never heard before. who knew stuffed peppers are this much easy to make. less time taking recipes are always the best ones and this one surely is among them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts