Marinated Grilled Shrimp

Last weekend Andy suggested we head south on I-65 and stop off at Logan's for a quick bite on our way to the river. We enjoyed some grilled veggies and mesquite grilled shrimp that were both prepared "just right." The next day, I made a side trip to Florence and fought the crowds shopping for myself and my Mother. If you've read this blog long enough, you know I am missing the shopping gene unless it revolves around shopping at a big grocery store with a great food selection or a home store. And I don't mean a frou frou place to clutter my house with.

While navigating what seemed to be a million people in every spot I went to; waiting patiently for someone to assist me and even longer in line to check out, I had ample time to think about how I was going to fix some shrimp to go with the steak and baked potato Andy was going to fix that night. I decided to ditch the potato and pick up some zucchini, squash, purple onion and mushrooms to skewer and grill.

I searched a few recipes online and found this one from CDKitchen to build from. I couldn't find "mesquite liquid smoke" so I had to improvise. Here is my final marinade.

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp hickory liquid smoke
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp Lawry's Garlic salt with parsley
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Crushed red pepper (I used a good sized pinch)

 Mix marinade and pour over shrimp placed inside of a zip bag.
 Let shrimp marinade for one hour.
 Skewer shrimp on water soaked wooden skewers.
Place on hot grill (350 degrees). I turned these twice on each side until the tails turned pink and the shrimp was no longer translucent. I'm estimating it was around four minutes total.

Comments

  1. I love shrimps cooked in any style. Its a very nutritious and healthy food. The recipe you have shared seems really good and delicious for the quick cook. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts