Cabbage, Carrots, Potatoes and Smoked Sausage

 If I had a dime for every time we have fixed this, I would not have to work.  The other night we decided to fix this for our weekly visit with my Mother. She loves this stuff.
Andy was going to get it started because I was going to be running late from work and he swore he couldn't find it in the recipe index. Well, I looked and he was right. How I've missed adding this one, I'll never know but here it is. He sent me a snapshot of the pot full of goodness on the stove. All you need is a pan of cornbread to go with it and you're all set!

 
1 small head of cabbage, chopped
1 lb. smoked sausage sliced into 1/4" slices
1/2 to 1 lb. of carrots, chopped
5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped 
1-2 medium onions, chopped
Chicken broth* to cover vegetables
Salt and pepper to taste

Once you get everything chopped, drop in a large pot and let it cook until the carrots are tender. Be sure to give it a stir several times. We base carrot and potato quantity on how much space is left after we add the cabbage, sausage and onions. The cabbage cooks down so don't skimp!

*We make broth with water and Better than Bouillon chicken base added to taste


Comments

Popular Posts