Coconut Cranberry Bars

I bought the ingredients to fix these bars after I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website recently.  Well, I never got to make them when I planned and I felt like I needed a reason. These looked like they would be rich, delicious and trouble around my house. Last week I finally had a reason!
The company I work for was sponsoring a table for a musical Christmas event at our local Senior Citizens center. We were required to bring snacks. Having worked several teas at the library, I knew seniors preferred homemade goodies over store bought. Well, these things were a hit. Go ahead and bookmark this page as you will be referring to it frequently.

FIRST THINGS FIRST:
1-1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers
1/2 stick butter, melted

Mix these two ingredients together and press into a 9x13 casserole dish (spray with cooking oil). Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl mix the following ingredients:
1-1/2 cups chocolate baking chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1-1/2 cup dried cranberries and blueberries (can use Craisins)
1 cups pecan halves
 Next, stir in a can of sinfully sweet condensed milk.
 Blend this mixture until all ingredients are well coated. (Try not to sample)
 Blob big spoonfuls over the graham crackers. Then, carefully spread evenly to the edges.
Start checking these after 25 minutes. With my oven, I baked for thirty minutes. Set the dish on a wire rack. While warm, use a sturdy plastic knife and cut. Let cool completely and plate. They are beyond delicious when warm and with a glass of milk.

Comments

Popular Posts