The Best Long Island Tea

Plastic insulated glass with a pink T filled with Long Island Tea.
Who says Long Island Tea is just for summer? Not this girl! Since I am the official designated driver, it's a rare occasion when I get to imbibe in one of these concoctions. Mr. Grisham typically enjoys one or two while I sip on my alcohol free drink when we go out to eat. We've purchased "kits" with everything in them and I've tried several recipes online. None ever match the taste of what we think a Long Island Tea should taste like. There was always something missing or there's too much of something that makes it not quite right. Back several months ago I found a post on allrecipes.com titled: The REAL Long Island Tea. Folks, this is the real deal. It looks like a good ol' glass of sweet tea but boy, does it pack a punch!


I didn't need any sun shining at the cabin the day I decided to mix up an ice cold glass of Long Island Tea. The work week had been a little on the stressful side. The evening was cold and dreary and a glass of this set the world right. Well, for that evening anyway.

Just remember this: 1/2 ounce each of the five liquors and 1 ounce each of the sweet and sour and coke. If you like lemon, and you know I LOVE IT, a slice of lemon sets if off just right.
Assorted liquor bottles, mixer and coke for Long Island Tea on a table in front of a window.
1/2 ounce rum
1/2 ounce gin
1/2 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce silver tequila
1/2 ounce triple sec
1 ounce sweet and sour mix
1 ounce coke

Mix well and serve with lots of ice.

Always remember to be responsible and DO NOT drink or drive!

Comments

Popular Posts