🍏 Green Apple 🍏 Moscato Sangria

Green Apple Moscato Sangria in a glass of ice
Sometime last year, my sister Dawn flew in from Alaska for a quick visit. To the best of my memory, both of my sisters, my Mother and myself drove up to the Nashville Airport to pick her up. I could be wrong about Nikki being with us though. For some reason, I was the designated driver and she normally drives anytime we are all together.

Since the trip from Alaska to Tennessee is a long one, we held off on eating as we knew my sister would be dying to eat when she arrived. They don't eat out a lot in Juneau so we were all thinking some good ol' Olive Garden for a pasta dish and salad. There was a sangria on the menu that we were all itching to try. A pitcher was brought out and I behaved myself and had a small glass. The flavor was quite unforgettable.

Since that time, we were just having a fit to make them at home. Her next trip home, we were doing a little shopping and brought this sangria up again. We searched the internet for a copycat recipe. They all called for an apple puree. We looked for that but only found an apple syrup. It was a pretty meh combination. It missed that zing.

Prior to her last trip home I ordered two bottles (along with two pumps) of Monin Granny Smith Apple Puree. It was perfect!!! The flavor straight out of the bottle was addictive. It would be divine drizzled over vanilla ice cream on the side of hot apple pie.
Green apple, pitcher of sangria, pineapple juice, wine jug and granny smith apple puree
I can't find who deserves the original credit for this recipe as there is a screen shot and no path back to the original poster.

Single glass:
4 oz. Carlo Rossie Moscato Sangria
1 oz. (2 pumps)* Monin Granny Smith Apple Puree 
1 oz. pineapple juice
Lots of ice

I quadrupled my recipe to partially fill this regular size glass pitcher.

Half Pitcher:
16 oz. Carlo Rossie Moscato Sangria
4 oz. (8 pumps)* Monin Granny Smith Apple Puree 
4 oz. pineapple juice
Lots of ice

You can add pretty fruit slices, but we're pretty down to earth gals and opted not to.

*Pour some of the puree out before inserting the pump the first time. Otherwise you'll have a mess on your hands.

Comments

  1. oh my god, that looks super fresh and good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The tart green apple flavor is indescribably delicious! Thank you for checking out Man, That Stuff is Good!

      Delete
  2. Had this just today at Olive Garden. Was so so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can this be made ahead of time and add ice when ready to serve?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts