Roasted Red Potatoes

What is it about potatoes? You can boil, stew, fry, bake, grill or smash them.  Anyway you go, they're delicious. I am typically the one in the house who roasts the potatoes. I mean, anyone can do it, but mine always turn out the best. Not bragging on myself or anything, but it's the truth.

Do you  want to know my secret? It's because I (1.) pre-heat the oven (2.) use the correct temp. It's as simple as that. Mr. Grisham will use 350 degrees every time. I use 425 degrees. You can taste the difference.

When it comes to the size of potato I use, my favorite is the red potato but I will use russets. Just wash them up and cut them in quarters. Don't skimp by cutting them small to stretch out for quantity. You can, but I think the bigger potato tastes better. By the time they bubble up and get that pretty golden brown "tinge" to them, the inside is nice and soft and yummy. If they're too small to begin with, they may end up a little hard.
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
  2. Wash the potatoes
  3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
  4. Spray the foil with olive oil
  5. Cut the potatoes in big chunks
  6. Spray the potatoes with a light coat of olive oil
  7. Season the potatoes with your favorite seasoning. I like to use Lawry's Garlic Salt, Rada Burger and Fry Seasoning.
  8. Turn the light on the oven.
  9. Only when the oven has been properly pre-heated, bake the potatoes until they start to bubble up and have a pretty golden tint to them.
  10. Run a knife through to make sure your biggest potato is cooked through.

Comments

Popular Posts