Double Stacked Mexican Pizza

I know y'all saw that awesome video for Food Doll's double decker Mexican Pizza that made the rounds on social media. Let me tell you right now, I just had to make it. It was fabulous and so easy to make. And filling? This will feed several hungry folks and you'll still have some left over. However, I know a few guys who could probably demolish this on their own.  I swapped a few toppings to suit our tastes and got some social media comments with my little mini video about the black olives. Just substitute! I love olives almost as much as I love anything with lemon in it.

INGREDIENTS:
2 pizza crusts
1/2 cup refried beans
1 lb. ground beef, browned and seasoned with taco seasoning
1 can sliced black olives
1 can chopped green chilies
4 cup bag of your favorite blend of cheeses (Monterrey, Colby Jack, Cheddar)
1/2 cup enchilada sauce

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

 Warm up the refried beans in the microwave.
It'll make it so much easier to spread on the pizza crust.
 Spread half of the seasoned ground beef mixture on top of the refried beans.
Then spread half the cheese on top. (Forgot the pic!)
 The next pizza crust and enchilada sauce are next. Spread the sauce close to the edge.
 Spread the remaining seasoned beef on top.
 Top with all your favorites. We went with sliced black olives and green chilies.
 Top with the remaining cheese and pop it in the oven.
Bake in the oven until the cheese is nice and melted throughout.


Recipe credit: Food Dolls 

 

Comments

Popular Posts