Birthday Treats for Your Fur Baby

Callie got to celebrate her 8th birthday in style! 

My co-worker Laura F.'s fur baby Callie celebrated her 8th birthday recently. A trip to the park for extra play time with fellow party animals and roommates Reece and Ed Purran made for a great adventure. However, Laura upped the party level several notches by treating this group to party hats and home-made doggie treats. The jury is still out on whether Ed Purran was thrilled about the hat. I'm thinking streamers...cat...in a hat. Did the hat survive?

When Laura was telling me about the ingredients she used in her recipe, I was thinking dang, I could probably eat them myself! When I saw her pictures I knew this had to be a special guest post. Look at that sweet face below! Just picture your little buddy staring up at you while you roll out some homemade treats full of ingredients you know they'll love!
Are all of those just for me? 💗

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup pure canned pumpkin
1-1/2 to 2 cups flour
1/2 cup oats
1 cup Jif® peanut butter (Does not contain xylitol, which is potentially deadly for your pet!)
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 tsp. cinnamon

DIRECTIONS: 
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, starting with 1-1/2 cups of flour, combine all ingredients.
Add additional flour as needed to form a workable dough.
Roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness.
Cut with your favorite shaped cookie cutters.
Bake until they are golden brown and hard to the touch; about 18 minutes.
Store in an air-tight container.
Treat your favorite puppy any time. They'll love you for it!

Party Animals Reece and Ed Purran help
Callie celebrate the big 8!
It's my party and I'll play if I want to!!

Comments

Popular Posts