Mississippi Chicken

Do you remember the first time you fixed a Mississippi Roast and thought, man, there is nothing better? Well, hang on just a minute because this Mississippi Chicken is. I don't know who in Mississippi started this whole butter, ranch and pepperoncinis cooked on top of meat in a crock pot frenzy, but let me give you a shout out right now! This recipe popped up in my feed from Kasey Trenum's blog a few weeks ago. I immediately sent it to Andy via Messenger as a "we might want to try this one" recipe. The next thing you know, he is fixing it! We had a pack of eight chicken thighs and one with twelve in the freezer. We opted for the small pack. Well, neither one of us got our fill of it and we went straight to the twelve pack the next time. While it's on my mind, save the broth! Cook up some long grain rice in the broth and add the remaining shredded chicken (and anything else you might like, broccoli for example) and you have a new quick meal the next night.

Later that day, I'm sitting at work and I start getting pictures texted to me. I knew I was going to be in for a treat when I got home. When I opened the back door and smelled this Mississippi Chicken cooking, I was in heaven! Thank you honey for the great meal and helping me get this post together. 

INGREDIENTS:
8-12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 package Ranch Dressing/Seasoning Mix 
2 cups of Chicken broth
8 Pepperoncini peppers 
1 stick butter sliced in tabs

DIRECTIONS: 

The first step to making this dish is to line your crock pot with a liner. These things make cleanup so much easier. Next, lightly brown the chicken thighs in a little butter. Set them in the crock pot as they are done.

Top the chicken with eight or so pepperoncinis. 
Slice the stick of butter into tabs and place on top of the chicken.

 

Sprinkle the pack of ranch dressing mix over the top. 

Pour two cups of chicken broth into crock pot.


Cook in the crock pot on High for four hours or Low for seven hours.

Shred the chicken and return to the broth. 
Serve with any combination of vegetables and get ready to repeat this dish quickly.

I just found a recipe for Mississippi Pork Roast. Could it be even better? 
I'm not sure but I will let you know!



Comments

Popular Posts