Muffuletta Dip

Dish of muffaletta dip being spread on bread.
Two weeks before the Super Bowl, Andy messaged me a recipe for a Hot Muffaletta Dip. Since we love Muffaletta sandwiches so much, I knew I had to make it. After a quick glance at the ingredients provided by Spicy Southern Kitchen's recipe, I was hoping the box store had a jar of Boscoli's Italian Olive Salad in stock. I opted to use this mixture instead of what they recommended.

Jar of olive salad, bread and partial recipe
Voila!!! My favorite Olive Salad was in stock!
INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Tony Chachere's seasoning
1 cup olive salad (I tried to keep as much of the olive oil out)
1/2 cup Italian salami, diced (plus a little extra for the top)
1/2 cup thick German bologna, diced (mortadella is not available locally.)
1/2 cup ham, diced
2 cups shredded Italian cheese
Green onions, chopped 

Preheat your oven to  350 degrees. Spray a light coating of canola oil in a baking dish. I used a deep pie pan.
Stainless steel dish with olive salad and cheeses
Mix the cream cheese and spices together. Next, add the meats and olive salad. Once that is worked in, add the shredded cheese. Your arm will get a good work out.
Uncooked Muffaletta Dip dish
Spread the mixture in the baking dish and top with the extra diced salami and green onions.
Baked Muffaletta Dip
Bake until the cheese is bubbly and cooked through. I checked it at 25 minutes and the center wasn't totally heated through. This baked for 35 minutes total.
Bread slices topped with Muffaletta Dip
Serve on sliced bread (toasted is even better) or with your favorite chips or crackers.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts