School Cafeteria Pizza
School Cafeteria Pizza 
Who remembers bartering for an extra slice of pizza back in the day? I don't know what it was about that rectangle shaped school pizza served with corn served on the side, but it made Friday lunch a treat.
Growing up, our Mother would make homemade hamburger pizza with homemade pizza dough. It was perfection!! We never found her dough recipe after she passed away, and it is definitely a loss for us as she didn't teach us her cooking secrets.
Here is my interpretation of that high school classic.
INGREDIENTS:
1 ball pizza dough (I get fresh at Aldi's)
1 lb ground beef, cooked and chopped fine
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp italian seasoning
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
14 oz jar pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 450°F
Cook the ground beef and season once the fat is drained. Blend well, then set to the side.
Spread and shape the pizza crust into a rectangle.
Place onto a lighty greased baking pan.
Bake the crust for 7 minutes.




This brought back memories! We used to barter slices of that rectangle pizza in the school cafeteria too. I love the idea of pre-baking the crust for 7 minutes before adding toppings — that's the trick to keep it from getting soggy with all that beef. Going to try this with my kids this weekend! Instaup APK
ReplyDeleteThis brought back so many cafeteria memories, and the pre-baked crust tip is brilliant. It looks easy, cheesy and perfect for a family dinner — thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteThis took me straight back to trading slices in the school lunch line, and I love that you kept the rectangular shape instead of a round pie. Pre-baking the crust for seven minutes is a smart touch, especially with a pound of seasoned ground beef on top, because it should keep the base from turning soggy. I also like the topping order, with most of the beef under the mozzarella and the rest scattered over the cheese for extra texture. This looks like an easy, crowd-pleasing family dinner, and I will try it with fresh dough from my local store.
ReplyDelete