Grilled Reuben Sandwiches

Andy and I love to fix (and eat) Grilled Reuben Sandwiches. There's a few people I know who turn up their nose at the sauerkraut and I just don't understand it. When you eat it with the homemade Thousand Island Dressing I fix, you don't realize it's even there.
It's a great addition to the mixture of flavors you experience. If you don't want to crunch into caraway seeds, you can even get the "seedless" version of Rye bread which still has it's own unique flavor. We ate the sandwiches along with one of our favorite go-to sides: oven baked fries.

I like to get all my ingredients out and ready to put on my bread.
Once they start pan frying, it goes really fast.

INGREDIENTS:
Let your skillet heat to medium. Butter one side of all slices of rye bread.  
Place one slice butter side down and top with corned beef.

Top the meat with sauerkraut. 

Lay two slices of Swiss cheese on top.

Spoon Thousand Island Dressing on top. Top with last slice of bread, butter side up.

If your skillet is the right temperature, your sandwich should be a nice toasted color and ready to turn. Let the bottom toast and it's ready to eat.


Comments

Popular Posts