Mrs. Grisham's Chicken Salad

Growing up in Connecticut, chicken salad was something that I don't remember eating. I was the ripe old age of 12 before I had ever heard of  Mrs. Grissom's chicken salad, pimiento cheese and other sandwich spreads. Back in the day, I thought that stuff was delicious! When I started making my own, it's hard to believe I was so nuts about that stuff.


My preference is to fix a more gourmet version, but when I don't  have grapes, I go back to the first chicken salad I learned to make.


When I was fixing Tracy's Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese the other night; I had one large chicken breast left over after stewing the meat for it. I know how much Andy loves chicken salad, so I whipped up a bowl while the casserole was baking.


INGREDIENTS:

  • Chopped chicken meat (don't mince it to nothing, but don't leave it too big either)
  • Pickle relish
  • Sweet onion, minced
  • Hellman's mayonnaise
  • Salt and pepper to taste



Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I didn't measure the exact amounts, but a pretty close estimation was 2 heaping tablespoons each of the pickle relish and onions. The mayonnaise is added until it's coated well. You don't want it too dry or swimming in mayo.



Comments

Popular Posts