Toaster Biscuits: Shining Light Amongst the Darkness or Yet Another Reason to Wrap up 2020?

What about it y'all? I hope this finds everyone well. There haven't been any posts in a while but it's not from lack of things to post. It's more like lack of drive to do so. The quarantine has got us all missing each other like I haven't experienced in my lifetime. I'm thankful I enjoy Andy's company as much as I do. We finally got together, one and all, as a family a couple weeks ago. I didn't realize how much we needed that. I haven't "done lunch" with any of my girlfriends in forever and I am really missing it. We're all running around scared to death we're going to get sick and wondering who amongst us "has it, doesn't know it and might share the love," so to speak.
 
With all the stuff we are dealing with at this moment in time, I have something good to share. Bear with me as I ramble on about a new discovery I made during the COVID-19 summer: TOASTER BISCUITS. One morning I was strolling through the office I share with Leatha. She had this round disk of bread sitting on her desk. It may or may not have been slathered with jelly or some breakfast meat. I simply cannot remember. When you are my age, under duress and have thyroid issues, that can happen.

Let me get back to the point after I clarify this point: I do not receive any kind of money or consideration otherwise for telling you about this item. I am simply sharing it because it is good, easy and a great base for a breakfast sandwich without all the guilt of eating bread.

So where was I? Oh yea. Leatha sees me eye-balling her food and shares, to my utter disbelief and wonder, Mary B's has unleashed toaster biscuits on the world. At that point, I had not been in a store since mid-March, so about two months, and was totally unaware of their existence. That night I asked Andy, who is retired and now falls into the category of being eligible for early morning senior shopping (thank God), if he had seen any of these biscuits at the Big Box store? I should of known the answer would be no. They carry the biscuits, but don't bother to stock Mary B's Tea Biscuits (yet another package of perfection), so there you go.
Box of Mary B's Toaster Biscuits and a plate of country ham
Fast forward to another day and an upcoming weekend at the cabin. "Now where did you say you found those toaster biscuits, Leatha? Andy didn't see them at Big Box." Well, she let me know she found them at Johnson's Food Town. They're in that floor freezer in the aisle where you get Diet Sun-Drops and ice cream. I proceeded to get off from work that Friday, masked up and marched right back there and snatched up a box (exactly where she said they'd be) and then headed for the river.
Two toaster biscuits in a stainless steel toaster
I have shared several recipes for homemade biscuits over the years but this will be the easiest one you'll ever fix.

DIRECTIONS:
Open the pack and toss the wrapper
Pop biscuits in the toaster
Adjust toaster per directions and your choice of golden brown
Start toaster
Carefully remove when they pop up
Carefully split with a sharp knife
Two extra large toaster biscuits popped up in a stainless steel toaster
Well shoot. I put the cart before the horse. It'll be hard to believe but this is one instance where you don't fix the biscuits first! You heard me. That's the last step for this breakfast prep.
 
The first time I fixed them, I fried up some (regular biscuit sized) country ham and several eggs. Instead of making two sandwiches for Andy, I piled one high with two eggs and two slices of ham. Even with the biscuits being thin, they held up remarkably well. The taste was good and I said I would definitely buy them again. Well, actually I already have.

Do I feel guilty? That would be a hard no. I highly recommend keeping a box in the freezer for those mornings you need to fix something quickly or just don't feel like dragging out a bag of flour and whipping up homemade biscuits. 

Would I use them for biscuits and gravy? That would be a no. One could, but why? Now, fried corn would fall in the "worth trying it" category.

In case you were wondering, the biscuit sandwich at the top consists of scrambled eggs, cooked ham and provolone slices. (That was Mr. G's sandwich. I enjoyed a single layer of goodness.)

Sorry for rambling on. According to a little research, they've been around since 2016. Whatever. They're new to me. Just be sure to thank Leatha, the next time you see her, for her to introducing us to toaster biscuits.



Comments

  1. Whether you use one to crisp up a hamburger bun, make the right breakfast sandwich, heat frozen waffles for breakfast, or heat a couple of slices of artisan bread to go with dinner, a 4 slice toasteris an essential appliance for warming, toasting. And caramelize your favourite English loaves of bread, bagels and muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toaster used by you is really a good products.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts