Lemon Meringue Pie Martinis 🍋🍋🍋

 
When my sister flies back to Tennessee next, Lemon Meringue Pie Martinis will be on the menu! She introduced me to Lemon Drop Martinis during our last trip to Alaska but I think those will be kicked to the curb when she tries these.
 
A couple of weeks ago, I saw a post on social media for Lemon Meringue Pie Martinis by Lemon Tree Dwelling and saved the recipe for Dawn's next visit. Next thing I know, Amanda is thinking we need to test these during Memorial Day at the river. And then a few days later, get this! Katie also sees my post. Lemonade Days was going on in our community...and Katie, whose kids had The Juicy Lemon lemonade stand, blessed me with a pint jar her homemade lemon simple syrup!! 

Growing up, our Mother was well known for the lemon meringue pies she made. The flavor of this lemony concoction reminds of those pies which spurred my love of anything lemon.

If you don't have issues with gluten, you can line the rim with crushed graham crackers. We did skip that part (but saved the graham crackers for s'mores later that evening). I made a double batch for each serving which fit perfectly in our stainless river cups.

INGREDIENTS:

  1. 4 ounces Limoncello
  2. 2 ounce Whipped Cream Vodka
  3. 1/2 ounce of lemon simple syrup and 1/2 ounce water mixed (or use 1 oz. lemonade)
  4. 1 ounce half and half
  5. Lots of ice in Martini shaker

DIRECTIONS:

Fill martini glass half full with ice and add all the ingredients. Shake well and pour into a glass half filled with ice.


 

Comments

  1. Lemon simple syrup?! Yes please! I can’t wait to try this yummy sounding lemony drink!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts